Monday, October 19, 2009

Always interesting

This afternoon I stepped out in my back yard to grab something, I don't even know what when I saw my meat cleaver sitting on the swing. This sounds really odd and almost gruesome, but around here it an every day thing. Of course my meat cleaver is out here. Of course there is one roller skate in my bed. Of course my favorite jacket has been lost at school when it was borrowed by my daughter. Of course, that's life as a mom.
One day I decided to write down how many things I encountered when I stepped into the shower. The list reads as follows; one measuring cup, two dinosaurs, Batman, Barbie- no arms, wooden spoon, three Matchbox cars, one large rock, two cereal bowls, three unidentifiable actions figures, one mushy piece of soap left in the water too long, scissors.
I'd be lying if I didn't say that it gets to me sometimes. But thank goodness I am more amused than ticked.
Life as Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment